A medical home is best described as a model or philosophy of primary care that is patient-centered, comprehensive, team-based, coordinated, accessible, and focused on quality and safety. In a medical home, patients are treated with respect, dignity, and compassion, and encouraged to have strong and trusting relationships with all providers and staff.
Your Medical Home Team will...
- Take care of your child when she/he is sick or well
- Help you develop a personalized health care plan for your child. Set goals for care now and in the future.
- Talk with you about any testing or treatment your child needs
- Work with other pediatric care providers to coordinate your child's care
- Listen to your concerns and ideas to make our practice better for you.
- Help you and your family find local support or services in the medical and behavioral health community
- Follow evidence based guidelines for care
- Answer any health questions you may have
- Provide you with educational materials regarding health conditions
- Assist in obtaining community resource support services